Join Cycle September and Help Devon Bike Back Better
Join individuals and workplaces across Devon, nationally and globally this September and take part in Cycle September! And compete for prizes by logging your bike rides and encouraging others to do the same.
Why Take Part?
There are a lot of benefits for taking part in Cycle September. Individually, for your organisation, and for our planet, cycling helps to:
- Restart the economy whilst maintaining social distancing
- Make us and our communities become happier, healthier and greener
- Make us more energetic and productive
- Saves us money, and our workplaces too – through fewer sick days, lower car parking costs and increased productivity
You can help Devon bike back better by joining us and many others for Cycle September in three easy steps:
- Enjoy a ride. You can ride anywhere, anytime – to the shops, to work, or even a quick 10 minute ride around your local park is enough to take part
- Log it manually on the Love to Ride Devon website or connect your favourite bicycling app
- Earn points, climb the leader boards and win prizes!
As an individual you can earn points by logging your rides and encouraging others to ride. You will enter the draws for great prizes and compete with others on the individual leader boards.
If you join your workplace team, your points will count towards your workplace score and your company will compete on the workplace leader boards. You don’t have to be a bike commuter; all types of rides count towards your workplace score!
Not Registered Yet?
You can sign up yourself and your workplace (or join your workplace team) at lovetoride.net/devon.
Free Adult Cycle Training
Are you new or returning to cycling, or know anyone who is?
Travel Devon is offering free cycle confidence sessions for adults in Devon (excluding Torbay and Plymouth) to help people brush up their skills and boost their confidence.
Watch this Urban Cycling Skills video and find how some simple Cycling Superpowers can help you tame the traffic around you. Helping you to feel safer, more confident and happier about your cycle rides.
Cycle September and Travel Devon are part of Devon County Council’s Access Fund Programme.