Find the #DevonVirtualGames Event Details and Terms & Conditions Here
Welcome to the Devon Virtual Games Events hosted and organised by Active Devon and the School Games Organisers.
Following the huge success of the #DevonVirtualGames in 2020 and the Spring series this year, we are really excited to launch the Summer series for 2021.
If you’ve not yet taken part, the #DevonVirtualGames is the Devon School Games with a twist as all competitions are virtual! This latest series of events run throughout the Summer term and will offer young people the opportunity to compete against themselves and others whilst maintaining social distancing. If you reside in, or attend a school in Devon you can take part. Plus, you can enter as many of the competition events as you like.
The Summer term series run from Saturday 1st May 2021 – 10am on Wednesday 14th July 2021. During this time there will be nine different events which are suitable for both SEND and Mainstream schoolchildren. And in traditional Schools Games style, e-certificates will be issued for all challenges.
So, don’t miss out on taking part in the #DevonVirtualGames! Virtually team up with your classmates, represent your school and compete against other children across Devon.
Competition Event Details and How to Enter
Entering the #DevonVirtualGames competitions is really straight forward. Simply click on each of the competition event links below to find all the individual event details. This includes information on ‘how to enter’ along with the online entry form link. You will need to submit a separate entry form for each event. Parents, guardians, or teachers will need to help with this as you have to be aged over 18 to agree to the Terms and Conditions (T&Cs).
Please also ensure you have read the #DevonVirtualGames Overview and T&Cs for the Summer 2021 Series.
Overview and T&Cs:
- Summer 2021 Series #DevonVirtualGames Overview and T&Cs
- Spring 2021 Series #DevonVirtualGames Overview and T&Cs (now expired)
- Autumn 2020 #DevonVirtualGames Overview and T&Cs (now expired)
- Summer 2020 #DevonVirtualGames Overview and T&Cs (now expired)
Competition Events for the Summer Series 2021 – Event Details and How to Enter:
- Naturally Healthy May Photo Competition for Children and Young People (1st May to 31st May 2021)
- Skipping Tricks Series (4th May to 2nd July 2021)
- Jump Rope Competition (4th May to 2nd July 2021)
- Team Building Competition (4th May to 2nd July 2021)
- SEND Sports Day Challenge (4th May to 2nd July 2021)
- Primary Sports Day Challenge (4th May to 2nd July 2021)
- Secondary Sports Day Challenge (4th May to 2nd July 2021)
- Ultimate Frisbee Challenge (4th May to 2nd July 2021)
- Make Healthier Meals Challenge (4th May to 2nd July 2021)
- Active Travel – Travel to Tokyo (4th May to 2nd July 2021)
- SEND Sunny Days Activity Challenges (4th May to 2nd July 2021)
- Media Leaders Competition (7th June to 14th July 2021)
Supporting Resources for the Above Challenges
Meet the Devon School Games Organisers (SGOs)
For the #DevonVirtualGames Summer Series 2020 the SGOs created a short video to introduce themselves. If you would like to virtually meet your SGO and put a name to face you can watch this short video. You can also find the SGOs contact details here.
Find out More About School Games
The School Games delivers physical activity via a local network supported nationally. It’s a fun and enjoyable way of engaging all young people through school sport and physical activity. To find out more watch the School Games video.
Joining the Conversation and Sharing Your Achievements
We’d love to see, and hear about how you’re getting on with the challenges. You can join in with the conversation on our Devon School Games Facebook Group. If you’re also happy to share your achievements with us please use #DevonVirtualGames.
Taking Part and Staying Safe
“At Active Devon we passionately believe that being active is as important as ever. However, safety is paramount and it is crucial that everyone follows current government guidance while continuing to stay active. We have also included in the Terms and Conditions and individual event details a link to the Guidance for teachers, school leaders, carers, parents and students. #StayActiveStaySafe.”