Active Devon are offering a free ‘Volunteer Experience’ workshop, delivered online by Club Matters on Monday 16th January 6-8pm. This opportunity is open to all Active for Good members and will be relevant to any organisation that relies on volunteers to help them provide physical activity opportunities in Devon.
To book your place simply email firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your full name, postcode, organisation name and email address. You will be contacted ahead of the event with an event link. Place are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
To sign up to the Active for Good network, click here.
Organisations, clubs and groups often find themselves short of volunteers. The way that people volunteer and the time they have to give is not the same as it used to be. Ensuring volunteers feel recognised, rewarded and part of the team is essential. Although this session will be online you can get a flavour of the workshop from this video The Club Matters Workshop Experience – YouTube
“Well presented given that it was an online workshop. Good to be interactive and to have breakout rooms to meet other delegates. Plenty of good ideas to take forward”
- Develop a positive culture of volunteering within your organisation, club or group
- Identify how to develop the volunteer’s experience
- Identify top tips in recruiting, retaining and rewarding volunteers
- Develop an action plan to improve volunteer experience
- Understand how to access further information to help improve the volunteer experience
Delegates must be a minimum of least 16 years of age. You must also be representing a club, charity, CIC or community group that is delivering physical activity in Devon and be a member of the Active for Good network. If you have any additional needs, please let us know when registering for the workshop so we can support you.
In order to access this workshop online, delegates will be required to:
- Have access to a laptop or tablet. A smartphone device is accepted but functionality can be limited. The device must have access to a microphone as the sessions will be interactive.
- Have good WIFI access
- Have access to an environment with limited distractions which is conducive to learning
- Be able to log into the workshop 10 minutes ahead of the designated start time.
- If you have any additional needs, please let us know when registering for the workshop so we can support you.