This Online Classroom will raise your awareness of the tell-tale signs of abuse, and give you the tools and confidence you need to deal with any issues sensitively, appropriately and effectively should the need ever arise in your coaching career.
Every child deserves to enjoy playing sport and engaging in physical activity.
This interactive online classroom, delivered via Webex, will help coaches recognise poor practice and the red flags of abuse, while also prompting a review of your coaching practice to ensure that you provide a positive and enriching experience for all children.
The course has been awarded 3 CPD points by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
Please note, this online classroom session is for over 18’s only.
You can access the online classroom through your mobile phone, tablet, PC or laptop. The online classroom is powered by webex.
You will need the following equipment:
– Headset or a device with speakers
– Device with a microphone
– Ability to connect directly into your router (wifi access may drop out)
You will be able to:
– Identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching
– Explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response
– Recognise and respond to possible signs of child abuse
– Take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.