We would like to invite you to join us on Tuesday 21st September for ‘More Movement 2021’. This online conference will include keynote speeches and a Q&A panel from industry leaders, a choice of interactive workshops and breakout groups, and opportunities to discuss and inform future strategy, network with colleagues, and move more throughout the day.
If you cannot attend the full conference, the day will be recorded and shared with delegates to view at a later date.
To view the full Programme click HERE.
What does the day offer?
- We will explore the contribution physical activity can make to tackling inequalities.
- We will discuss what inequality looks like in Devon and we will hear first-hand from people in Devon about their lived experiences.
- We will review the local opportunities of “Uniting the Movement”, Sport England’s new ten-year strategy which aims to transform communities through movement, sport and physical activity.
- We will explore the impact social prescribing can have on community health and wellbeing, providing practical guidance on how your organisation can be part of this exciting movement.
- We will discuss the benefits of getting outside to move more and the opportunities to do so in Devon’s outdoor space.
- We will share Active Devon’s future strategic thinking and provide opportunities for you to contribute.
- We look forward to welcoming you to join us at this virtual event.
Conference Speakers Include:
Viveen Taylor, Director of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Sport England
Dr Lincoln Sargeant, Director of Public Health, Torbay
Matt Evans, CEO at Active Devon
- Starting at 8.30am, you can join in with our wake up movement session delivered online by The Community Yoga Project.
- From 9.00am, there will be a morning of keynote speeches from leading industry experts (as above).
- Q&A Panel Discussion will take place at 11.30am.
- After the break, from 1.15pm there will be a number of interactive workshop sessions for discussion and reflection*:
- Physical Activity & Social Prescribing – A conversation about the value of Physical Activity in Social Prescribing as part of an integrative health and care system
- Active for Good – Together we will look at how we can support, recognise and empower our valued workforce to deliver quality experiences, and increase volunteering from a broader range of backgrounds and communities
- Children and Young People in Devon & the Sport England Strategy – Explore the children and young people focus in the new Sport England strategy and the implications and opportunities for organisations working with, and for, children and young people across Devon
- Connecting Actively to Nature – A chance to explore together the where, how, who and why of supporting people to benefit from being active outdoors. Based on the challenges and learning from the first three years of the CAN programme
- Future Opportunities for Walking and Cycling -embracing new policies and practices in Devon
- Uniting the Movement in Devon – a chance to explore emerging themes of Active Devon’s future strategy and share your views about future priorities
- Networking opportunities throughout the day.
- Opportunity to join movement activity throughout the day.
- Conference to finish at 4.45pm.
Additional Delegate Information
Delegates will be given online access to recordings after the conference.
Please indicate workshop choices when booking.
Multiple ticket discount: partners booking between 2-5 delegate tickets in one transaction from the same organisation can purchase their tickets for a discounted price of £35. This will be automatically applied at checkout. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to discuss.
If you would like to attend the conference but have specific access requirements, please get in touch at email@example.com to find out more about the event and discuss how we can support you on the day.
*Programme, workshops, timings and speakers may be subject to change.
For full T&Cs click HERE.