Level 1 Award in Coaching Cycling
British Cycling Level 1 Award in Coaching Cycling is the starting point for your coaching journey in cycling. If you’re new to coaching cycling then this is the course for you.
The course covers topics such as your role as a coach, planning and delivering coaching sessions, techniques and skills, equipment, safety and risk assessment.
On completion of this award you’ll be able to coach the essential cycling techniques to groups of riders.
What does the course include?
This course is made up of online, virtual classroom and face-to-face learning, supported by mentoring from your course tutor throughout. The course involves:
- 6-10 hours online learning with theory assessment, which must be completed before the first development day, and tutor led Zoom sessions.
- 16 hours of face-to-face learning with practical activities to experience delivering and participating in coaching sessions.
- Assessment will typically take place in a single day, however, there are options to enable video and field–based assessments where travel restrictions are in place.
How much does it cost?
Funding maybe available support with course costs.
How long will the course take to complete?
5 weeks minimum - this includes 4 weeks access to online learning and at least one practical development day. Under normal conditions development and assessment days will be spaced a week apart. Course assessment dates and requirements may be flexed due to local restrictions.
What do I need to register?
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Valid and current emergency first aid certificate (minimum 6 hours), or equivalent
- Have access to a computer and the internet
To book click here