Enjoy the local natural and urban environment of Okehampton as part of the Ramblers Wellbeing Walks partnership with the YHA Festival of Walking/ social walks programme and join us on a guided walk in September or October.
Information on the walk –
The guided walk begins at YHA Okehampton and follows the Fatherford route around the town, where trained and insured Ramblers Wellbeing Walks Walk Leaders will share their knowledge on the history of the location before you return to the hostel. You’ll have chance to enjoy a free cuppa and a piece of cake in the hostel café at the end and get to chat to other walkers. Who knows, you may enjoy the walk so much that you decide to take part regularly in our Active Devon Ramblers Wellbeing Walks programme and make some new friends in the process!
When are the walks taking place and how long do they take?
There are two dates you can take part in the walk. Each walk is the same. Please choose the date you wish to attend below –
18 September 2023 from 10am – 11am (with chance for a chat afterwards)
2 October 2023 from 10am – 11am (with chance for a chat afterwards)
Things you need to know –
- Both walks have been walked previously and have been risk assessed.
- Both walks will be led and guided by fully trained and insured Ramblers Wellbeing Walks Walk Leaders.
- The walks are suitable for any age, but children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Full of historical local interest, this walk is relatively easy going with some inclines, gates and uneven terrain. There will be ample opportunity to take a break and chat about points of interest. It is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Each walk is approximately an hour in length, followed by time for a drink and a chat.
- We recommend you wear suitable walking shoes or trainers and come prepared for all weathers! The walk will still take place if it is raining!
- There are 30 places available on each walk. Please register your details and the date you wish to attend below.
- Everyone attending needs to pre-book using the form below.
- If you are attending with another person, please register everyone separately.
Ramblers Wellbeing Walks Programme is delivered Nationally. All Ramblers Wellbeing Walks are short urban and semi-rural local walks designed to help participants take the first step towards better health and wellbeing through introducing low-impact activity, they also offer an important social aspect with many participants using the walks as an opportunity to meet old and new friends. Delivered locally by trained, insured volunteer Walks Leaders, the Ramblers Wellbeing Walks Programme is free of charge to those attending. For more information, click here.
For more information about the YHA Festival of Walking and details of hostels throughout England and Wales, click here.
For more information on the YHA Festival of Walking Social Walks, click here.