The Inclusive Activity Programme eLearning module is a unique development opportunity for sports coaches, community leaders and healthcare professionals. Participants will learn about the basic principles of inclusion and understand the benefits of delivering activities that can be enjoyed by all! Cost FREE
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Explain why physical activity is beneficial to everyone.
- Understand some of the barriers that can stop disabled people and people with long-term health conditions from taking part in activities.
- Learn about how to make activities more appealing and accessible to disabled people and people with long-term health conditions.
- Be familiar with the tools and approaches that can support you to deliver inclusive sessions.
- Explore where you can find out more information and guidance about inclusive activities.
You will also get access to an extensive bank of resources that you can start using straight away.
After completing the module, you will be able to download your certificate of completion.
The eLearning module is a great opportunity for everyone. But we believe it can be particularly valuable for people working in:
- Sport and physical activity delivery e.g. sports coaches and activity providers
- Local community groups and organisations e.g. community activators working in disabled people’s led organisations, local charities, community housing and scout/guide groups
- Health and care setting e.g. physiotherapists, occupational therapists, care and support workers
This course is self-paced and lasts approximately 1 hour. You can take regular breaks throughout the module. It doesn’t need to be completed in one sitting. You can access the module whenever you want, at a time that fits in with your daily schedule.