Ride Leadership Award 2018 – Guided Rides – Newton Abbott – 15/05/2021
Course, Saturday 15 May 2021
You don’t need to be a cycling expert or competitive racer, just be confident riding in a group, have a good level of cycling fitness and great communication skills. We welcome all kinds of cyclists, especially those with bundles of enthusiasm! If you’re happy to support those new and returning to cycling after a number of years, whether they are 5 or 105 years old, we would love you to join us as a volunteer.
Guided Rides is suitable for all and aims to get the whole family out on their bikes and having fun together. The rides on offer cater for all different levels of fitness and abilities but are particularly suitable to those starting out or returning to cycling and families looking for their next adventure.
Why should I volunteer?
- To gain new skills, knowledge and experiences
- To give something back to your local community and help others
- To meet new people and make new friends
- To be part of a 2,000 strong volunteer team across the UK
- To make a positive impact on another person’s life, directly or indirectly
- To use your skills to benefit others
What do I get in return for volunteering?
- Free Ride Leadership Award Level 1 course
- Free 30-days access to British Cycling Learning
- Free 3-hour first aid course through British Red Cross or a £25 reimbursement towards another suitable course
- Free British Cycling Ride Membership
- Free branded kit on completion of the course and delivery of your first ride
- Ongoing support from the British Cycling Recreation and Regional teams
- Fortnightly newsletters to keep you up to date with everything from HSBC UK Breeze or Guided Rides
How long will the course take to complete?
One day for the Ride Leadership Award Level 1, plus half a day online learning and another half day for first aid
What do I need to Register?
- The minimum age to attend a course is 18 years old
- Commitment to deliver a minimum of eight HSBC UK Guided Rides or Breeze Rides a year
- Heaps of enthusiasm and willingness to support beginner bike riders and families