Connecting Differently Through Sport 2 hour workshop
A workshop for those who deliver and support people with disabilities in sport and physical activity settings.
This workshop has been designed for people who are interested in engaging people with sensory impairments and complex
disabilities in a sport and physical activity setting. It offers a mixture of theory, learning, and practical activities to support a fully inclusive approach to sport and physical activity.
The workshop will help you to:
• Understand the different disabilities a participant may have – and how these may affect someone taking part in a sport and physical activity session.
• Learn about the barriers to participation that people with sensory impairments and complex disabilities face – as well as solutions to overcome them.
• Understand how to communicate with people with sensory impairments and complex disabilities using a range of communication methods
• Feel more confident to adapt a sport and physical activity session to make it more accessible to all.
Who is this workshop suitable for?
The workshop is ideal for people working in a range of different roles, who want to involve disabled people in sport and physical activity.
• Sport and physical activity coaches and instructors.
• PE teachers.
• Leisure centre staff(including front of house staff).
• Sports development professionals.
• Health and social care organisations and charities
To book click here