This is a 3-hour course that empowers clubs to understand mental health challenges and helps them develop a culture that tackles those challenges and promote a positive culture of support and signposting.
The training is based around the NUCO Training, First Aid for Mental Health Awareness level 1 course, but is specifically tailored to community sports clubs and organisations.
The course is delivered by Paul Mouland who has received National awards and recognition in delivering Mental health training.
This course is essential for any club or organisation that is passionate around proactively tackling the stigma that surrounds mental health and wants to build a culture that promotes positive mental health and wellbeing for its members, volunteers, committee, and management.
The aim of the course is to:
- Increase knowledge and understanding of what is meant by mental health.
- Identify signs and symptoms of mental health conditions.
- Develop skills needed to support someone experiencing mental health challenges.
- Understand what challenges may arise within your specific sport, club, group, or organisation.
- Build a culture that reduces stigma and positively promotes mental health awareness and support.
- Recognise and identify support services that are appropriate to your organisation and its members, and how access or signpost to these services when necessary.
This course would usually cost up to £70 but will be fully funded by Active Devon. Limited to one space per organsiation (if you would like more than one space, please contact Active Devon)