Event Invite: Join Us at ‘More Movement’, Our Online Conference on Tuesday 21 September 2021
We would like to invite you to join us for ‘More Movement 2021’, an online conference including keynote speeches and Q&A panel from industry leaders, a choice of interactive workshops, breakout groups and opportunities to discuss and inform future strategy, network with colleagues and move more throughout the day.
Keynote Speakers include Viveen Taylor, Director of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Sport England and Dr Lincoln Sargeant, Director of Public Health in Torbay. They will be joined by Matt Evans, CEO of Active Devon.
- We will explore the contribution physical activity can make to tackling inequalities that have been heightened by the pandemic
- We will discuss what inequality looks like in Devon and we will hear first-hand from people in Devon about their lived experiences
- We will review the local opportunities of “Uniting the Movement”, Sport England’s new ten-year strategy which aims to transform communities through movement, sport and physical activity
- We will explore the impact social prescribing can have on community health and wellbeing, providing practical guidance on how your organisation can be part of this exciting movement
- We will discuss the benefits of getting outside to move more and the opportunities to do so in Devon’s outdoor space
- We will share Active Devon’s future strategic thinking and provide opportunities for you to contribute
We look forward to welcoming you to join us at this virtual event.
The day will also include:
- A morning of keynote speeches from leading industry experts
- Chance to attend up to three afternoon breakout sessions for discussion and reflection
- Structured virtual networking opportunities
- Opportunity to join movement activities throughout the day
How to book
Simply visit our Events & Conferences page and select the More Movement event.