Event Invite: Join Us at ‘More Movement’ on 25 November 2019
Join us for a unique conference & networking event exploring the future of physical activity within health and wellbeing, the power of place-based approaches to transform communities, and how key systems are adapting to “more movement”.
Keynote speakers include the CEO of Sport England, Tim Hollingsworth, and other sector experts. The event takes place on Monday 25th November (9am – 4pm) at Rockbeare Manor near Exeter.
This is a unique opportunity:
- to learn the role of physical activity within broader social outcomes
- to hear from industry experts about current approaches
- to meet new people and explore partnership opportunities
- to contribute to the future strategy for physical activity and sport
We’re excited to be welcoming Sport England CEO, Tim Hollingsworth, whose keynote speech will reflect on how its strategy is achieving local impact and his thinking about the future. The event will include a unique opportunity for you to contribute your own views to that future thinking.
Other keynote speakers will include Plymouth City Council on physical activity’s role in its local system (speaker – PCC Senior Leadership Team member TBC) and Matt Evans, CEO of Active Devon.
The conference programme will be packed with a variety of interactive sessions and learning and networking opportunities. Delegates will benefit from:
- Three keynote speeches from leading industry experts including Q&A panel
- Two interactive workshop and/or panel discussion sessions from a choice of six, covering key issues across the inactivity sector
- Structured networking opportunities
- Opportunity to input your ideas to Sport England’s future strategy
- Choice to take part in physical activity sessions during the day
- Hot lunch and teas and coffees throughout
- Complimentary delegate pack
What people say about Active Devon
“Active Devon add value to everything that you develop and deliver. Their expertise and enthusiasm cannot be faltered.”
“Active Devon has a track record of successful collaboration and partnership […] providing significant added value to the local system. [They have a] can do, proactive approach to making things happen.”
“Respected, knowledgeable and experienced.”
How to book
Simply visit our Events & Conferences page and select the More Movement event.
How to get there
Rockbeare Manor is a country house near to the villages of Rockbeare and Cranbrook, to the East of Exeter. It’s a 16 minute cycle ride from Cranbrook train station or approximately 10 mins by car from the M5, just off the A30 near Exeter Airport. For full address information and directions, please see here.