Beat the Winter Blues and Join Friends and Colleagues Riding for Winters Wheelers
Brave the breezes, axe the anxiety, enhance your energy and heighten your happy with Winter Wheelers. Running from the 1-24 December, Winter Wheelers is a cold-conquering competition from the folks at Love to Ride.
What is Winter Wheelers?
This cool riding challenge is aimed at getting more people riding bikes through winter. The cold, wind and rain can deter people from riding a bike, but this cold-busting campaign aims to show that, with a little preparation, every day is a biking day.
For Winter Wheelers, it doesn’t matter whether you’re a regular rider or you haven’t been on a bike in years (or ever!) as everyone’s invited to join in. You can also also ride anywhere, anytime as all bike ride counts.
There’s never been a better (or ‘cooler’) time to enjoy riding a bike! It’s a good way to ensure you are getting enough daily exercise, as well as an easy and safe way to travel from A to B while avoiding traffic. It’s also an effective way to feel connected with the world and avoid low moods, even when the days are short and the light is low.
Plus, there are epic prizes to be won throughout December. Each day you ride from 1-24 December will also earn you an entry into the draw for a brand new e-bike announced on Christmas Day!
It’s Easy to Register
Taking part in Winter Wheelers is easy and you only have to ride for ten minutes to be entered into the daily draw.
So how does it work?
- Register for free with Winter Wheelers at Love to Ride
- Join your company or invite your workplace and/or cycling club to register
- Log your bike rides before 3pm the following day
- Wait and see if you’ve won!
Embrace all the Benefits of Riding a Bike
- Boost your physical health – even a 10-minute bike ride will start supercharging your immune system and raise your heart rate
- Improve your mental health – riding a bike can make you feel happier and more connected to your surroundings compared to other modes of transportation
- Reduce stress and anxiety – any form of physical activity is good for releasing endorphins and reducing stress
Pedal for Prizes
There are prizes to be won every day during Winter Wheelers! To see what you could win and to find out all you need to know head over to the Love to Ride website.
You can also find a range of useful cycling related information on our website, from places to cycle to top tips on bike maintenance. Check out our Cycling page to find out more.
“At Active Devon we passionately believe that being active is important as ever. However, safety is paramount. Please see government guidelines on how to stay safe. #StayActiveStaySafe.”