Beat the Winter Blues and Join Friends and Colleagues Riding for Winters Wheelers
We all know that cycling can help us boost our mood and mental wellbeing. At the same time, it is a great way to stay active during times of coronavirus restrictions. So, keep cycling this winter and join friends, family and colleagues for Winter Wheelers!
What is Winter Wheelers?
Winter Wheelers is a cycling advent calendar for grown-ups, with daily giveaways including winter cycling gear from leading brands. Every day you ride from 1-25 December you will enter the draw for winter cycling goodies!
And on top of that, anyone who logs a ride between 1-24 December will be entered into a Christmas day prize draw for a brand-new e-bike!
You can take part in Winter Wheelers by following three easy steps:
- Register at net/devon
- Join your company or invite your workplace and/or cycling club to register
- Log rides manually from 1-25 December or connect your favourite cycling app (Strava or MapMyRide). Your rides will be recorded automatically, and it will sync your last 30 days of riding
Free Support to Start Cycling This Winter
Want to start cycling to keep active during the winter months? Sign up for one of the free, socially distanced Adult Cycle Confidence sessions*, run by friendly and expert cycle instructors to:
- Boost your confidence
- Build up your skills
- Get tips and tricks for cycling through darker evenings and poorer weather
Top Tips to Keep Cycling Safely in Winter
- Read up on general winter cycling tips from Love to Ride and Sustrans and get winter ready.
- Have you got the right gear? Check out this advice from Cycling UK on what to wear when you go out in winter conditions.
- Sustrans share top tips to help you stay motivated for winter cycling. Why not join the Love to Ride Devon community and set yourself a winter cycling goal?
- New to winter cycling? Check out these winter cycling tips for beginners from Cycling UK.
- Please continue to follow the latest government guidance.
* Adult Cycle Confidence Sessions are offered by Devon County Council to adults in Devon (excluding Plymouth and Torbay).
“At Active Devon we passionately believe that being active is important as ever. However, safety is paramount, and it is crucial that everyone follows current government guidance if leaving their home to exercise. #StayActiveStaySafe.”