It's your school games
The Sainsbury's School Games is a unique opportunity to motivate and inspire millions of young people across the country to take part in more competitive school sport.
The Games are made up of four levels of activity: competition in schools, between schools, at county/area level and a national finals event:
- Level 1 - sporting competition for all students in school through intra-school competition
- Level 2 - individuals and teams are selected to represent their schools in local inter-school competitions
- Level 3 – the county/area will stage multi-sport Sainsbury's School Games festivals as a culmination of year-round school sport competition
- Level 4 – the Sainsbury's School Games finals: a national multi-sport event where the most talented young people in the UK will be selected to compete in our sporting venues
- the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), which has overall policy leadership, supported by the Department for Education (DofE) and the Department of Health (DOH);
- Sport England, which is the Lottery distributor and are supporting the engagement of Sports Governing Bodies and County Sports Partnerships;
- the Youth Sport Trust, the landscape lead organisation for school sport, which has been commissioned by Sport England to provide development support to schools, sports and other local partners.